14th February 2017
What do you DO on a WholeHealth Getaway?
Watch the video to get a flavour!
Guided rides offered each day according to the wishes of the group, usually to a mid point where anyone who wasn’t on the ride would meet so we could all join up for lunch, provided either as a packed lunch by WholeHealth, or bought at a local restaurant.
All food provided by WholeHealth; a healthy buffet breakfast to set you up for the day, and a hearty, balanced evening meal to replenish the calories burned in the day!
Optional packed lunches available at a small extra cost (4-5 Euros per day)
Local routes planned for shorter or family rides to places of interest or fun for the kids-and of course a local hill climb challenge which riders can smash as may times as they like during the stay to try to get a PB and move up the leaderboard!
We have chosen the area to combine rolling countryside with more challenging Pyreneean climbs. We’re within easy reach of epic climbs including the Tourmalet for those who want to push their limits and bag an iconic Col! The rest of the riding will be a heavenly mixture of some steady climbing, enjoyable descents and some flats.
The less extreme gradients mean that kids and less experienced or enthusiastic cyclists can also enjoy pleasant rides through the sunflower fields.
We swim at the local lake. As well as longer swims and triathlon swim training in the lake, there is also plenty of oportunity for jumping off pontoons, taking out pedalos and paddleboards, and eating ice creams!
We are looking forward to an amazing summer, and would love to share it with you. Get in touch if you’d like to join us.
- All the fun of training with a group, with your own space when you need it
- Swimming pool on site to relax and play
- Healthy, nutritious and hearty meals prepared, cooked and provided by WholeHealth, so you don’t have to worry about a thing.
- Day trips, play sessions and fun activities for children or all the family to enjoy together, including safe road riding supervised by qualified and experienced junior coaches
- Plenty to do even if you’re NOT a cyclist/runner/swimmer; eg a day at the leisure lake for paddling and pedalos, trips to the market, sight-seeing or just relaxing
- Cheap flights available NOW!** I hour transfers from Lourdes airport to the holiday for a small extra fee
- Flexible arrival dates to suit your plans
- We can transport your bike(s) in our support van to save the hassle and cost of flying them, or hire one when you arrive
- A chance to meet and train with European triathletes through our friendship with the Lourdes Triathlon Club
- MrWholeHealth in the support vehicle delivering nutrition, encouragement and emergency rescues as you tackle the climbs!
- And of course guided cycle rides and run routes, lake swimming in stunning countryside in a mixture of rolling and challenging terrain suitable for ALL abilities to enjoy
**Flights can be booked, and transfers arranged from either Lourdes or Toulouse.
Flights with EasyJet from Gatwick to Toulouse are currently under £100 return, and just a 45 min drive from the location.
We hope you’ll want to join us! Get in touch for more details, or if you have any questions.