Warming Spicy Parsnip and Apple Soup
A recipe for a cold grey day when you need a bit of warming sunshine to perk up your midday meal. This makes enough for two to four people depending how large, small or hungry they are.
**The recipe can be vegan if you use oil and omit or replace the milk with soya or almond alternative.
- peel and chop a medium onion and two large parsnips
- soften in a tablespoon of butter or oil over a low heat for about 10 mins
- stir in a tablespoon of mild/medium curry powder and fry for a further two minutes
- core an apple and grate in to the pan
- add about 200ml stock
- simmer until veg are all soft
- blend with a little milk
Serve with a garnish of toasted nuts and seeds if you like, and enjoy a bowl of warm and comforting ‘sunshine’ soup.