DISCLAIMER: Open water swimming is an exhilarating and liberating experience but swimmers must understand that there is the potential for serious personal injury or illness.
Swimming is ONLY permitted at Colwick Country Park during the designated swim sessions, and all swimmers must agree to comply with the Safety Measures detailed below, and accept possible consequences of swimming in open water.
- not enter the water until the Lifeguard opens the lake for swimming
- abide by the Safety Measures at all times, Social Distancing and all Covid restrictions in line with current Government Guidelines
- swim within your capabilities
- register with us before entering and immediately after exiting the water, using the card system .
- exit the water when instructed to do so by Lifeguards
- wear a brightly coloured swim cap at all times whilst in the water, and a tow float in the winter or when instructed to by the team. WholeHealth caps and towfloats are available to buy or borrow on site.
- if inexperienced in open water swimming stay on the ‘small loop’ during the whole of their time in the water and wear a tow float.
- if under the age of 18, to be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times while in the water.
- enter and exit the water at the specified place and stay within the designated swim route unless instructed otherwise by a lifeguard.
- roll on to your back and signal for rescue by waving an arm rapidly in the air and shouting for help if you get into difficulty whilst in the open water.
- provide emergency contact details and health information which we will keep on file
- not enter into the space of other water users, e.g. those fishing.
- not swim or enter the water if feeling unwell, or under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- take full responsibility for their belongings whilst within the grounds of Colwick Country Park.
- ensure that any children accompanying them are at all times kept away from the water’s edge or pontoon areas of the lakes.
- agree to respect and abide by the safety rules as laid out by the WholeHealth team
- have sought medical advice from their doctor if appropriate and can confirm that they are medically fit and able to undertake open water swimming.
- alert swim organisers and lifeguards if you suffer from fits, and take appropriate precautions.
- observe swimming procedure by always swimming in a clockwise direction, unless instructed to do otherwise.
- Wash wetsuit and all swimming equipment between swims.
By swimming with us, you are agreeing to accept responsibility for your own safety at all times whilst swimming at WholeHealth Open Water Swimming Centre.
By booking a swim, you agree that you have read and understand the Safety Measures listed above and agree to fully abide by them and any other rules and instructions issued on the day of the swim by WholeHealth coaches or Lifeguards.
You confirm that you have sought medical advice and confirm that are physically fit and have no pre-existing medical conditions that would affect you swimming in open water. You are fully aware of the dangers of swimming in an open water environment and the fitness levels required and agree to swim entirely at your own risk.