Let us answer your questions!
Below are the answers to some of our most commonly asked questions.
If we don’t have the answer to your question, you can use the contact form at the bottom of the page to get in touch. We’ll be happy to help you start enjoying the lake with us.
How do I find you?
You can find us at West Lake, next to Wired on Wheels cafe, and by the adventure centre. Signs in Colwick Park have our logo on to direct you to us.
Can I swim at Colwick without a WholeHealth membership?
You are very welcome to swim as a guest at any of our lifeguarded, supervised open water swim sessions. Guest swims cost £10. No booking is required, just pay cash or card at the desk and we will get you swimming
Outside of these sessions swimming is NOT permitted at Colwick Park, and you will be asked to leave by the park rangers if you swim outside these times
What does a WholeHealth membership include?
- Access to our booking app to book all our sessions at the lake- weekly saunas, swims,and occasional events eg massage, yoga, run training etc
- 3 free guest passes per year to bring friends and family members to the lake for FREE
- Exclusive access to all our special events- monthly Full Moon Swims, annual distance event, Boxing Day Dip, New Years Dip
- Exciting challenges to take part in – and earn unique embroidered badges!
- Achievement stickers to go on your FREE membership card
- Exclusive access to swim training with Coach Wales in the WholeHealth SwimBox
- Membership of our closed Facebook group to meet other members, and share news and support
- Access to our partner club TFN Triathlon pool and track training sessions
- Access to all our in-app training and nutrition content – hundreds of classes and recipes to choose from available whenever you need them
How do I use a guest pass?
Generate a code in the app, and bring it along to a session with your guest. Make sure you have booked yourself in for the session you want to bring your guest to. Show the code at the desk they join the session for FREE. Guest passes can be used for regular swim and sauna sessions, but not special events.
Do I need a towfloat/swim shoes/wetsuit/swim hat?
The only thing you need is whatever you want to wear to swim in. We strongly recommend that you buy your own towfloat if you are going to swim regularly. We will lend you a tow float if you don’t have one and as long as they are available.
Anything else you choose to wear is your choice. WholeHealth swimmers wear a variety of swim attire for their own personal comfort. As well as a costume you may choose to wear a wetsuit (long or shortie), neoprene swim shoes and gloves, leggings, rash vest, but it is completely up to you!
Are there showers at the lake?
No. We have very basic mixed gender changing space with some undercover areas and hooks for belongings in our swim compound. A large towel or towel robe and loose fitting post-swim clothing will help you change quickly after swimming and keep warm.